Just some background. I’m a 30-year-old male. 5′ 7″. Weigh probably 133 lbs at the start of this trial.
I’m doing this solely for health reasons. 10 years ago or so, I had a bunch of digestive health issues and did a brief stint (about a week) of Zero Carb as I eliminated everything from my diet to see what was causing the issues, gradually adding back in foods I used to eat over time. And it worked! Most of my symptoms disappeared or greatly lessened. Fast forward 10 years later, and all the symptoms have returned (to a worse degree) along with new symptoms! Yay! Thus, this 30-day trial run of true Zero Carb is to see if I can eliminate those health issues once again.
Here are the health issues I suspect will be eliminated upon eating a Zero Carb diet:
- Awful bloating. After pretty much any and every meal, my gut distends to resemble a weather balloon. I guess it wants to send back data on atmospheric pressure? (Data confirms! The extra pressure hurts or is at least very uncomfortable.)
- Incessant diarrhea. Don’t think this one needs a description!
And here is the new issue further spurring me on to try out this diet:
- Skin rash. It’s been appearing all over the place (arms, legs, waist) and not getting better. I haven’t been able to identify it via web searching, but it sure seems like some kind of allergic reaction or inflammatory response. I don’t really want to take some sort of antihistamine drug for it if it can be eliminated through diet instead.
Other possible improvements:
- Back/neck pain. I say this only because the last time I tried this diet, all my joints/ligaments became much more flexible. Thus, here’s hoping it does the same to my spine!
Magical cures that certainly won’t happen, but, hey, might as well dream:
- Get a normal, average person’s night’s sleep!
- No more tinnitus!
- Stop blowing my nose after every single meal!
- And, heck, how about improved vision! Doesn’t have to be x-ray! But I wouldn’t mind ditching glasses.